Managers are often accountable for projects in which they have no direct authority over many of the contributors. Influencing skills - expressing goals persuasively, motivating others, overcoming obstacles - are the keys to working effectively where lines of authority are unclear.
This interactive workshop will help you collaborate successfully with others working at all different levels and functional groups to accomplish your objectives. You will focus on the specific skills, behaviours and attitudes that enable you to achieve desired results without relying on the use of authority. You will also learn how to deal with challenging relationships, how to influence and persuade your colleagues, and provide leadership.
WHO WILL BENEFIT? :
- Anyone who is responsible for building relationships and who is required to negotiate with or influence customers or colleagues.
OUTLINE - WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
- Communicating to Influence
- Clear communication - understanding the communication process
- Enhance your listening skills to gain understanding
- The seven key steps to building rapport through empathy
- The fundamentals of successful negotiating.
- Understanding the Win-Win formula
- The difference between internal & external negotiations
- Appreciate how to identify favourable outcomes
- Closing the negotiation successfully
- Assertiveness - what is it and why use it
- Understanding the other person's point of view
- Anticipating and overcoming objections
- Using persuasion techniques to package your argument
The workshop is highly practical and participative. Participants will take an active part in group and syndicate activities, which are specifically designed to build confidence quickly, to accelerate learning and increase motivation
Length of Training Programme:
Recommended Maximum Number of Participants
with 1 trainer: 8-10