Assertiveness is about effective and confident
communication. Behaving assertively is a core skill that achieves
constructive win/win outcomes and involves an attitude that enables
you to take greater control. On this course delegates will gain
an understanding of the meaning and relevance of assertive behaviour.
They will learn to distinguish the fundamental differences between
assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour. This course will benefit
anyone who needs to be more assertive in their dealings with colleagues.
It aims to build confidence and empowers participants to develop
stronger and more effective relationships.
WHO WILL BENEFIT? :
- Those seeking to improve their communication
skills and increase their confidence and who wish to build
- Anyone who has to deal with issues that may
result in difficult people situations if not handled skilfully
who is experiencing difficulty in getting their message across
OUTLINE - WHAT THE COURSE WILL COVER:
- Defining assertive behaviour
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and
- Identifying the advantages of using assertive
- Recognising the link between assertiveness, confidence
- Analysing and understanding the implications of
your own patterns of behaviour
- Handling difficult situations and people confidently
- How to negotiate and create win/win situations
- Dealing confidently and constructively with criticism
- Overcoming barriers to assertive behaviour
- Preparing a realistic individual action plan
This course is very participative with time being
given to self-assessment and best practice discussions.
Length of Training Programme:
Recommended Maximum Number of Participants
with 1 trainer: 8 - 10